A global bank are looking for a talented C++ Engineer to join their Electronic Equities Team to work on their high volume, low latency trading system.
About Electronic Trading:
This business line covers equities and listed options globally.
• Exchange connectivity
• Smart Order Routing
• Algorithmic trading (execution algorithms)
• The operation of Dark Pool (LX)
• Market Making
• Order State Management
About Equities Technology:
Equities are a leading franchise, offering a full-service cash and derivatives business with industry-leading fundamental and macro research and award-winning analytics. In addition to driving innovation in algorithmic trading, market access and networking, Equities technology sets the standard for market connectivity across the whole Markets business.
Overall purpose of role:
We are seeking a C++ developer for designing and developing low-latency index arbitrage trading platform connected to multiple markets across the region across Equities and Futures exchanges.
• Design and development of industry-leading, ultra low-latency Equities trading systems
• Provide estimates for tasks including design, development, and testing
• Support analysis, testing, and operations teams
• Participate in code reviews and architectural decisions
• Mentor junior developers
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
• The role will require interaction with both senior Front Office Trading and Sales stakeholders at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple regions.
• The candidate must be able to effectively understand requirements from their stakeholders and be able to proactively participate in ongoing product enhancement discussions.
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
• Working with business analysts and project managers to understand the requirements
• Analysing those requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and creating a technical specification where needed
• Developing a pragmatic software solutions as per the requirement specifications
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Excellent C++ 14+ years experience, programming skills for developing low latency system
• Excellent experience of developing low-latency trading systems and writing C++ code for multithreaded server applications and performance tuning techniques on Linux
• Good scripting skills using Python, Perl or similar
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Understanding of higher-level Computer Science concepts such as data structures and algorithms
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science