We are currently supporting an American Tech Company in scaling their Quality Engineering team in APAC -- this company is one of the largest, most well-known Technology Firms in the world.
We are looking to bring in multiple QA/Test Analysts to help support their voice assistance platform's translation/localization into Korean (used by 400 million people) which is currently being used by millions of people globally. This role sits in Hong Kong.
This role will be a junior/intermediate level QA position in Hong Kong -- there will be options for training/upskilling for candidates with little to no IT experience who are interested in automation and software development! There will also be exposure to AI/machine learning. This role would be focused on helping to customize the US/English version of this application to serve local markets in HK/China. This team works closely with offices in Hong Kong, Japan, Spain, and their R&D team in Silicon Valley.
This team is primarily responsible for making the voice assistance platform the best worldwide digital assistant. They engineer it and other cloud-based services for international markets. Teaching it how to understand and speak new languages is the main goal of this team, together with designing and implementing a highly locally customized experience for users.
We are seeking a highly motivated software quality engineer to help us ship world-class products to our international customers. We are looking for highly versatile, energetic individuals to play a key role in shipping superior, best-in-class products. Our team works in a fast-paced environment interacting with translators, software engineers and project managers. We are responsible for qualifying a variety of software products through manual and automated testing.
There is significant opportunity for internal growth and lots of flexibility for career development -- and best of all only 2 rounds of interview! Extremely competitive benefits with an attractive overall package too.
• Native in Korean or Taiwanese or Singaporean English.
• Coming from IT background.
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-driven, with the flexibility to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Excellent team player with a meticulous attitude and attention to details.
• Ideal candidate would have some real-world quality automation or software development experience.
• Ideal candidate would have some linguistics experience.
• Enthusiasm for user-focused design, high-quality technology, and products.
• Meeting with the software design team to discuss verification protocols.
• Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
• Perform manual localization testing on software, print documents, help and hardware while identifying linguistic and international functionality issues.
• Report issues found, provide pertinent information, and follow solutions to their conclusion.
• Identify areas of improvement in existing tools and processes and address those issues with innovative solutions.
• Work cross-functionally with international software quality centers, engineering teams, translators, and project managers to ensure delivery of world-class products to our international customers.
• Successful candidates will be proactive, able to work independently and collaborate with many stakeholders on numerous concurrent projects