Hong Kong Central
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Industry & functional knowledge of an e-commerce platform solution
- Proven experience in successful rollouts at either country or regional levels (preferably within the Asia Pacific markets)
- University degree in Business, Information Technology or equivalent
- About 10+ years' working experience in e-commerce/ Fintech. Start-up environment experience that demonstrates execution excellence, will be advantageous.
- Expertise in digital best practices and its applicability to retail and/or financial services.
- Prior experience in managing cross-functional, multi-geography digital initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Broad understanding of the insurance and technology industry, including current and emerging financial services, online retail, operations, and technology trends
- Expert in partner engagement for ideation and problem-solving facilitation with stakeholders. Relevant application of design thinking methodologies.
- Appreciate the business applications of emerging technologies and practices; applicable knowledgebase of DevOps, Cloud, Microservices and Mobile development to ensure feasibility and relevant conversations during solution planning.
- Skilled in Agile Software delivery
- Proven record of Product Backlog management
- Strong understanding of technology concepts and developer languages
- Strong in facilitating people/customer centric design thinking
- Good understanding of customer journey design and user experience
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills across all levels of the organization, including frequent engagement at the country functional heads levels
- Not afraid of dealing with ambiguity and can contextualize and translate a problem and its solution to internal senior partners of varying backgrounds to support the platform ideas.
- Can create an environment that inspires others involved with the platform development to bring their creative ideas forward.
- Displays leadership with a platform vision that can inspire those involved with the platform project to bring the best application of efforts from themselves
- Ability to use excellent judgment and have high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders, and able to communicate effectively with country business function leads, and where expected with external key functional leaders for country-specific and group-led initiatives
- Be able to communicate effectively and comfortably present to key country management stakeholders on project progress updates and issue management.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative in nature, ability to make the complex seem simple
- Poses good judgment in balancing between innovation and robust operation, able to optimize productivity and efficiency when working with key functional leaders and partners