DevOps Engineer (Top Tier Buy Side Firm)
I have a client sits in Buy Side and have a global team working on the strategies for Asian products. They are going to expand in Hong Kong and is hiring DevOps Engineer. With this role you will gain different kinds of Business and Technical exposure.
- Competency in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid experience with Linux systems, specifically Ubuntu
- Knowledge of some scripting languages (Python, BASH, Perl, lua, etc)
- lDNS, LDAP, SMB, NFS, and Apache
- Familiarity with VMware
- Familiarity with cloud services like Google Cloud or Alicloud
- Network routing
- Knowledge of enterprise storage (DAS, NAS, SAN, etc)
- Works well in a team
- Primary contact for user/desktop support for Hong Kong office and auxiliary for offsite
- offices. Duties include account setup, desktop provisioning, installation of software
- packages & modules (Python, Ruby, R, etc), phone & printing issues, general
- troubleshooting, etc. Support hours include overnight shifts.
- Manage our servers across multiple data centers, including BIOS tunings & ILO
- configurations, OS installation & upgrade, host configurations via our configuration
- management system, additional setup/configurations not yet scripted, etc.
- Report problems to telco and service providers, provide regular updates to the team, and
- coordinate/work with team members to resolve issues.
- Work with data center providers and brokers on provisioning servers and connectivity.
- Work with brokers and exchanges on exchange access.
- Develop scripts to automate systems tasks.
- Deploy monitoring scripts and write custom checks as needed.
- Perform database administration duties, including setup and configurations, access
- control, data import and export, monitoring, replication and backups, etc.
- Perform storage-related tasks, including adding more capacity, freeing up disk space,
- monitoring, reporting, etc.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Mengqi.Lai@TEKsystems.com