Development & Partnerships Director
Hong Kong Central
Position Title: Development & Partnerships Director
Reporting To: CEO
Date of Posting: October 2023
Location: Hong Kong
Organization Information: We are on behalf of Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF), Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF) is a Hong Kong registered nonprofit that funds sustainable programs in child healthcare. With an extensive network of 85 hospital partners across China, treating five babies every hour, CMF expands lifesaving healthcare initiatives for newborns, improving health equity and access.
Our Vision: High quality healthcare for children in Asia, regardless of where they live.
Our Mission: Children’s Medical Foundation develops and implements sustainable healthcare solutions for children in Asia with a focus on helping underprivileged children.
Job Description: Development & Partnerships Director
Working closely with the CEO, Board and the Development Team, the Development & Partnerships Director will lead the 5-year Development Strategy and its implementation. He/she will lead grants and sponsorship management and the development of strategic partnerships with key stakeholders. Core initiatives include project management for fundraising events, campaigns, marketing, and content creation for communications and brand building.
Areas of critical importance include fundraising and expanding the visibility of the foundation and increasing community awareness of the CMF brand. Success will greatly enhance the Foundation’s ability to make a meaningful impact on saving China’s youngest and poorest.
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy - Lead development of the 5-year Development Strategy with focus on sustainable fundraising, to include Partnerships, Major Donor, Events and Branding.
- Implementation - Leverage organizational, resourcing and project management skills for efficient execution of the Development Strategy.
- Financial Management – Manage funding allocation and funding gaps by applying financial and Excel capabilities to navigate program needs, fundraising targets, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Streamline processes - Establish customizable templates for development team support; improve workflows, leverage tech and available resources.
- Proactively support the CEO with leadership operations and organizational matters in support of the Foundation’s work.
- Partnership & Fundraising
- Fundraising – Collaborate with Board and champions to successfully source, access, cultivate and pitch to establish partnerships and secure major gifts from corporates, foundations, and major gift donors.
- Networks - Leverage yours to secure champions, funders, and establish partnerships.
- Grant-writing – Establish framework for proposals, grants, and donor update reporting; leverage your persuasive proposal writing, reporting, and impact measurement, metrics, and management knowledge.
- Relationship Building - Manage the stakeholder engagement process for partners, donors, and grant-making organizations though relationship expertise and the CRM.
- Project Management – Events & Campaigns
- Development pipeline execution – Lead for events, appeals, and branding by leveraging your project planning, event management, PR, corporate communications, and marketing experience.
- New Projects - Establish new Signature Events for sustainable giving and brand outreach.
- Existing Projects - Manage annual initiatives including Conference, Charity Golf Day, Fellowship, Urgent Appeal, Tencent and Google campaigns.
- Stakeholder management - Actively manage the CRM, EDM and operational systems for campaign management, stakeholder communication and donor engagement processes.
- Optimize human resources - Harnessing the team support of volunteers, committee members, donors, partners, and staff as part of your implementation plan.
- Stakeholder Communications
- Persuasive messaging - Effectively articulate CMF’s story and proactively lead and inspire partners, stakeholders, and networks, including through public speaking engagements
- Content - Lead production of powerful/emotional/persuasive content and campaigns to tell the Foundation’s story; fundraising and marketing collaterals include videos, annual reports, newsletters, campaign and events materials.
- Digital marketing - Lead and oversee planning & monitoring of all ongoing CMF presence on social media, the website and digital marketing to build CMF’s presence and brand.
- Lead the Development Committee and subcommittees and reporting section of the quarterly Board Meeting report.
- Inspiring and effective team leader with strong relationship-building, project management, crisis management and multi-tasking ability
- Passionate about a leadership career in the nonprofit sector, cares about children and helping the underprivileged in China & Asia
- University graduate with 20 years’ work experience, including at least 10 years in partnerships, fundraising, project management, sales, client management or NGO management.
- Dynamic communicator with excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Native fluency in English required, bilingual in Cantonese and/or Putonghua
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications and proficient in technology; client management and/or marketing software a plus
- Well-developed project management and organizational skills
- Skillful stakeholder management and cultivation skills, with proven ability to fundraise.
- Experienced event manager from event inception to completion.
- Resourceful and capable of working independently in a small office environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and expected compensation, or send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading of "Development & Partnerships Director”. Applicants with fewer years of experience will be considered for a Development Officer position.
We are an equal opportunity employer though cannot personally respond to each application. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you do not hear from us within 4 weeks.