Hong Kong Central
Business Data Analyst to join our Data team for one of our Consulting projects in Hong Kong. The holder of this position will work closely with our client and the chief data officer.
This is newly created role and exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for all technical aspects from production to industrialization phase of the DataMart.
You will play a crucial role in facilitating and developing solutions to meet business needs and ensuring data quality. Moreover, you will be part of an empowered global team that plays an important role in the ongoing APAC growth strategy.
In more detail, you will be entirely assigned to data management, be part of the financial team and interact regularly with other departments:
responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure data quality – internal stakeholder data received needs to be complete, accurate, consistent and provided with contractual deadlines
• Co-ordinate with the business users errors or delays
• Extract and load data into our system, including data mapping for all business line, as well as investigating and resolving issues.
• Develop tools to automate data management and quality controls
• Perform detailed analysis of client data and reconcile premiums with treaty conditions and accounts received
• Centralize data storage and make data available to other departments
• Actively monitor client accounts and produce summary reports highlighting trends and issues
• Implement consistent data handling standards across various products and markets
• Participate in projects and other ad hoc duties as assigned
• 2-3 years of experience in a similar role ideally
• Possess strong Access and Excel skills, able to prepare data with R, and ideally SQL / VBA programming skills
• Strong background with SQL
• Fluent in English (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact and communicate across all levels
• Detail-oriented and organized personal work effort
• Able to work independently and as part of team
• Based in Hong Kong
• Immediately available is a big plus